Sunday 30 March 2014

The Instant Automatons - "Peter Paints His Fence" ep (Deleted Records DEP001) 1980


 In view of the recent passing of the DIY giant that was Protag(Instant Automatons,Zounds etc), here is a belated tribute to this much missed legend, in the form of the classic "Peter Paints His Fence" EP.
The lyrics to track four read like a biography of my life,and I’m sure other readers of this blog will identify with its harsh truths also.

People Laugh At Me (Coz I Like Weird Music)

I was in a pub the other night
When a bunch of mods came in
They eyed me up then they came over
And said, "Hey, what’s your scene?
Are you a hippy, a mod or a punk?
Got a scooter or a motorbike?"
I can’t understand why they burst out laughing
When I told them the music I like

People laugh at me coz I like weird music
People just don’t understand
Why pay £6 for an album when you can
Listen to a weird noise band?

I had a girlfriend called Josephine,
She liked Abba and The Bee Gees
She thought music was about lawyers and accountants
Percentages and legal fees
Just the other night we stayed up late
Playing records till half past ten
Then I played a Danny & The Dressmakers tape
And I never saw Josephine again

People laugh at me coz I like weird music
People just don’t understand
Why pay £6 for an album when you can
Listen to a weird noise band?
(For free!)

Listen to a weird noise band (repeat ad nauseum)

It sort of sums up my life i reckon; well that and Part-Time Punks by the Television Personalities.

DOWNLOAD peter's painted fence HERE!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

this record is so incredible. still trying to get my hands on a copy. thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

HI there!
maybe you want to re-up this one also...
regards

Judas Vigilante said...

Hi jz. Is there any chance you could re-up this one? Sorry to be a pain.

Jonny Zchivago said...

Hello judas V
try it again because its working.

Mr. P said...

Link is quote, "In Owners Trash".

When you get a chance...

Jonny Zchivago said...

I'll re-up it Mr P,but if you're quick when the download page appears,if you click the download symbol fast, it downloads before the 'trash' sign appears. I dunno whats happening,i pay those bastards at google y'know.

Mr. P said...

It took multiple attempts, but that little trick worked.

Thanks a bunch as always.

Jonny Zchivago said...

Re-upped as of 04/08/2020